This is very frustrating let me tell you!!
1993 Oldsmobile Bravada 6 cyl 4.3L Vortech CPI...
Automatic 188000 miles
Ok....I recently replaced my ,fuel pump,fuel pump relay and battery(twice) to make a long story short...I have a brain wracking problem with my truck
..it will not start without jumping the battery...and I can hear the fuel pump
engaging when I turn the key to the run position,as well as it is also turning on when I turn the truck over..The truck will sputter but will not start. I have absolutely no pressure at the fuel
schrader valve when key is in the run position,but fuel does come out when cranking engine over!!...I have also replaced the fuel filter as well...I have these symptoms....
1. Engine cranks fine but won't start.
2. Engine runs fine once started.(err jump started)
3. Hooking up battery charger or jump starting helps get it started.
4. Turning Ign. key On and Off several times may help get it started.(when warm out)
5. starts soon after it was last running.(although with some difficulty)
6. Won't start in cold weather
or after sitting for 24 hours or more.
7. You can hear the pump running and it's quiet and consistent sounding.
8. No pressure at the fuel schrader valve when key is in run position