General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

NEED HELP! with Starfire 2 way electric seat track and linkage

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 08:53 PM
Default NEED HELP! with Starfire 2 way electric seat track and linkage

I am new here and I see that there is a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum. So hopefully someone can help me out! I have a big problem, I am currently restoring a set of 62 Starfire bucket seats that have the 2-way driver power seat track. I bought the seats with the track taken apart already but I "THINK" I have all the pieces. I can't figure out how the rod that the seat transmission rides on connects to the seat track mount without spinning? It seems pretty straight forward but it's not. I know this is a crazy question but if anybody has this particular drivers power 2-way track it would greatly be appreciated if they could post some up close detailed pics of the track and linkage or shoot me in the right direction. Below I have posted some pics to let everyone get a visual of the problem.

Here is a picture of the complete set up.
[IMG][/IMG]

Here is a picture of the problem I am having. I cant figure out how to get the rear of the rod gear and the rod gear mount together with out the rod spinning when the seat transmission is moving.

NOTE: Many gm cars were equipped with this 2-way electric seat track in the early 60's
Again, Detailed pictures of the same drivers seat track assembled would be a solution to the problem.

Thanks in advance.