Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

Air Conditioner Problems

Old 07-01-2005, 02:59 PM

I have a 2000 Intrigue with 3.5 Liter engine. The air conditioning vent in the middle of the dash puts out cold air on the right side and warm air on the left side. This is from the SAME VENT!!! It is that big oval vent in the middle of the dash and it has a left sideand a right side. My air conditioner controlonly has one fan control but I have seen other automatic air conditioner controls for the Intrigue that have two controls one for the drivers side and one for the passengers side.

I think that the air control baffels of the HVAC system can be controlled by either the single or dual control units. Do you think I can put a dual control unit on my car? I am not sure but logic tells me that it is possible.

My air conditioner light goes out if I try to use high speed and will give me no cold air. If I decrease the fan speed to the nextlower position I can get some cold air but the air conditioner light still goes off sometimes. Any ideas why this is happening. I checked the freon and I am getting 25 pounds of pressure on the low side which is on the low side of normal (25 to 45 pounds)

I read on one of the other forums that the problem is in the actuator doors. They said to remove the 10 amp fuse for the HVAC on the right side of the dash to recalibrate the HVAC acutator doors.