Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

Fuse panel cover

Old 05-15-2009, 12:20 PM
Default Fuse panel cover

I want to check the fuses in the right-hand (passenger) box. How do I get the cover off ? I don't want to break it. I would have thought this would have been explained in the owner's manual.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 PM

I didnt know there was a right hand passenger fuse box? The only one i know inside the vehicle is the drivers side to the left of the steering wheel on the side of the dash. You can only see it if you open your drivers side door!

Old 05-16-2009, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

It comes off the same as the one on the drivers side. Just open the door all the way, and pull out. Mine is really hard to get off, but if I pull a little, then I can get my fingers in the bottom and work it off from there.
What problem are you having that you need to get to those fuses?

Old 05-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Default Fuse panel cover

Originally Posted by Iflylow
It comes off the same as the one on the drivers side. Just open the door all the way, and pull out. Mine is really hard to get off, but if I pull a little, then I can get my fingers in the bottom and work it off from there.
What problem are you having that you need to get to those fuses?
Yes,I got the driver's side panel off first and from that I knew I just had to pull on the other one harder. The reason I wanted in there was to check the fuse for the fog lights. It was good.Now I wonder if the relay is faulty. But I couldn't get it out. Does it just pull out,too ? I don't want to be too forceful with it because I don't want to create problems for myself.If it just pulls out,too,then I'll pull harder and wiggle it ,too.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

The relay should just pull out. There may be another identical relay in there that you know works. Just swap them, and you'll know if you have a bad realy or not.

The fog light housings have been known to leak and corrode the bases of the bulbs, I assume you've looked at that?

Old 05-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Default Fog lights

Originally Posted by Iflylow
The relay should just pull out. There may be another identical relay in there that you know works. Just swap them, and you'll know if you have a bad realy or not.

The fog light housings have been known to leak and corrode the bases of the bulbs, I assume you've looked at that?

No,I haven't checked to see if there is any corrosion.Have been too busy and the weather is too damn rainy. But I will swap the relays. That would be great if that worked.Maybe I'll do that tomorrow weather permitting.