Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

A/C service head fixed!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 10:33 AM
Default A/C service head fixed!!

I have searched this forum for answers for the A/C cutting in and out. That little light would flicker on/off all the time. I knew the refrigerant was charged correctly. Most answers I got back were to disconnect and reconnect the battery,pulling various fuses, to replacing the service head.

I have a manual A/C head. Here is how I fixed my problem. Disconnect the battery. Pull the head unit and unplug from the car completely. On the back of the unit you will see three screws that hold in the fan switch. remove screws and switch. Next to the shaft you should see two brass leads. Those leads will be forked. The two leads will have a total of four contacts. Look into the back of head unit and clean the dial strips if needed. Next back to the four leads and the fan switch. Pull those four leads towards the back of the shaft. Make certain that the four leads are equally spaced. Once pulled back those leads should now make great contact when the switch is reinstalled in the service head. Do so now. The fan switch should have a firmer feel to it now. Replace service head back to the car, and reconnect the battery.

That is it. If the unit still cuts in and out replace the fan switch not the whole head unit.

Old 10-05-2009, 08:47 PM

thanks for some really good information. !! i have the same problem,now i can fix! now ,,how about the rattling noise that i hear when i first back out of the garage that seems to come from the transaxle?