Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

Injector wire replacement Olds Cutlass Ciera

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Default Injector wire replacement Olds Cutlass Ciera

Over the winter a squirrel got under the hood and built a nest and in the process chewed uo the wires that go to the front injectors (don't laugh). There is (was) a harness with 6 wires, 3 red and 3 blue. Does it matter which injectore the wires go to. I know that each injector get one of each color but don't know if they are matched pairs and which wires go to which injector. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, it matters. If you can match the lengths, you might be able to determine the original position of each wire. If not, you will either need to replace the whole injector harness with a new or used one, or get a wiring diagram to find which one goes where.

Old 05-06-2011, 08:11 PM

The squirrel chewed through the harness in two plases like they were in the way so I could not tell where they went. I got a wire diagram at the library which showed the wire numbers but the wires had no numbers on them. It did show that one wire was common to all injectors so I took one of each color to each injector. And it ran! Then with cruise control and a vacuum gage I ran the same route at a constant speed and recorded the vacuum with all combinations. For the three injectors there are 6 possible combinations of where to run the wires. There was one combination that gave the highest vacuum and also gave the smoothest idle, so I went with that. Thanks for your help.