Silhouette Talk about the Oldsmobile Silhouette within...

New silhouette owner

Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 AM
Cool New silhouette owner

Hello to all, I am a new owner of an 99 olds silhouette. I just bought it with 117,xxx on it and so far I love it. Only one problem so far. When the head lights are on I can not see the info center that is on the console on the roof. Didn't notice this till me and wife drove it at night. Also it has a auto head light feature that is cool, but would like to turn it off. Like when it gets dark the head lights turn on. I am going thru the manual in the glove box and am finding out a lot of stuff settings can be changed. Which is good and I will be doing it, but how in the hell do you disable the auto headlights? Lol. Anyways me and the wife love it so far. The 6 hours and 200 miles we have had it. Thanks and any input on anything on the van would greatly be appreciated.

Old 02-20-2013, 11:40 PM

So I noticed that quite a few people have looked at this thread. Not trying to be mean but a hello would be cool. I'm starting to think this forum is a dead one.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:02 AM

So I noticed that quite a few people have looked at this thread.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
azu

I have a 99 as well and just hit 172K with original trans and engine with only the intake gasket changed at 50K. Great Van. To answer your questions, the info center is probably dead. This will not harm anything and you really don't need it unless you have to know what direction you are going, what the outside temp is and gas mileage info. Mine has been out for the past 3 years. There is a guy on Ebay that fixes them and swaps out your one for a remanufactured one. As far as the auto headlights I don't know of any way to turn that feature off. I love that feature. They should go off if the parking brake is set.

Old 02-24-2013, 11:50 AM

Well after I hit the console the thing lit back up. I like it to a point, but its 4pm and the van is in the shade and the headlights are on. Like really, and I know that they don't turn back off... And I can't drive with the parking brake on. Lol. I find it a pain that if I go thru a shadow, the head lights turn on. Thanks for the reply tho, I thought this thread was dead.

Old 09-26-2014, 01:39 PM

low light sensor may be bad, have it checked.