Bravada Talk about the Oldsmobile Bravada within...

Bravada Issues

Old 03-16-2012, 10:53 PM
Default Bravada Issues

Soooooo I purchased a 98 Bravada for my son. We've had it for less than a week and we're having some pretty wild problems. First the instrument/gauge cluster lights went out. I figured it was a bulb problem so we went to auto zone and got some replacements. After replacing the bulbs and reconnecting everything, still no lights. It was getting dark, so my son decided to put everything back together and when he connected the wire that hooks up to the dome light on the back of the dash board section, the lights came back on. Then when he continued to put everything back together, the lights went back out. Now there's no lights on the instrument cluster, the navigation set on the headliner, and the radio.....which only goes out when he turns the headlights on. Any ideas? All help would be great because this is his first vehicle and he's pretty pumped to have it, but he can't drive it at night. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Harlem1Der; 03-16-2012 at 10:55 PM. Reason: had to clarify the gauge cluster
Old 03-19-2012, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator

I'm not really familiar with the Bravada, but on other Olds, the headlight switch controls the dimming of the panel lights. If yours is that way, I'd check that. Also, you need a wiring diagram, probably avialable in Haynes or Chiltons, to help find the problem.