PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free!! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Convertible

Old 06-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Cool 1975 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale Convertible

First off I want to apologize for having my first post be a for sale ad. I know how much I love it when a noob shows up on forums that I frequent just to sell something.

Truth is, this is my parents car. My dad died in October of last year and my mom wants me to sell it for her and I thought this would be the place to put it. I will probably do a craigslist too but I really want someone to buy it who appreciates what it is.

What I know about the car is that it was purchased at an estate auction from the original owner and re-sold almost immediately to my folks. So you could say it’s close to a second owner vehicle. It is in damn near immaculate condition. Two years ago my dad paid $4500 (an absurd amount IMO but what can ya do right?) to have some minor body work taken care of and get a fresh coat of paint applied. The interior is about as perfect as I’ve ever seen on a 37 year old car. The engine runs great, although I am wondering if there might be a problem with the auto-choke, it does take some finesse to get it started when cold and it takes a few minutes to warm up. The transmission seems flawless. The steering is pretty tight. The brakes stop it very well; it’s just an all around joy to drive.

Everything, with the exception of the air conditioning, works great. Power roof, windows, locks, cruise control, everything. The belt was removed from the AC compressor. I don’t know why and I don’t know if it was deliberate of if it broke and no one bothered to replace it.

It has the 350 engine. I think most everything is there. Let me know if you have any questions. We are having a hard time putting a value on it. There just isn’t a lot out there to compare it to. We have done due diligence and have decided to start @ $14,500. I would be interested to hear what you all think about the price too. Don’t worry about insulting me, I can handle it.

Contact me here, or e-mail at travncari (at) msn (dot) com <-replace (at) with @ and (dot) with .

Name:  IMG_8018.jpg
Views: 1294
Size:  152.9 KB

Here is a link to an online album with a bunch of pictures:
http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o...7/1975%20Olds/

Thanks for looking
Travis

Old 07-17-2012, 10:23 AM

Well I guess we're getting views but not generating much else.

How about $12,000.

Old 03-14-2021, 12:08 PM

is the car still for sale