Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

window regulator connectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 12:31 PM
Default window regulator connectors

I have a 2003 Alero GL Coupe. I replaced the window regulators a year and a half ago and the passenger side connectors have broke and the window is down in the door. I can order another regulator but if I could get some connectors I could fix this problem myself. But I don't even know what these things are called. They are the part that snaps on to the cable and connects to the sash clip. The plastic part snaps onto the cable and the metal part screws into the sash clip. They have to be made by some manufacturer somewhere. Anyone out there know their name and where I can get some?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

This might be what you are looking for:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...Q5fAccessories
But I think the part you need is this one:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OLDSM...Q5fAccessories

Note that they come in left and right sides, so be sure to get the right one. I have not bought from either seller and know nothing about them, so use your own judgement.
The last time I replaced mine was a couple years ago and the only place I could find the clips was Ebay, but I used a different seller in CA, at around $30 for two clips.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:04 PM
Default re: regulator clips

Is there any trick to installing these... without breaking them!

Old 04-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

It's been a while, but I remember having to remove enough of the bolts holding the regulator to the door so the cable was loose. Then it's just a matter of having small enough hands to reach around all the door structure.

Old 04-29-2011, 06:54 PM
Default Installing window regulator clips

I have purchased new window regulator clips from England for my alero, but am having problems figuring out how to install them without breaking them. Is there a trick to this?

Old 05-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Default installing wndw reg clips2

I fixed my window today. The plastic clips snap onto the rail quite easily really. Just have to get enuf nerve up to do it! You should attach the metal connectors first thoughbefore snapping them on. Once you have that done, just re-install. This method is alot better because you can use the regulator that comes with the car, so you know it fits. RegulatorsI have bought from auto parts places haven't always fit.

Old 08-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Pau

Originally Posted by chief46_
I have a 2003 Alero GL Coupe. I replaced the window regulators a year and a half ago and the passenger side connectors have broke and the window is down in the door. I can order another regulator but if I could get some connectors I could fix this problem myself. But I don't even know what these things are called. They are the part that snaps on to the cable and connects to the sash clip. The plastic part snaps onto the cable and the metal part screws into the sash clip. They have to be made by some manufacturer somewhere. Anyone out there know their name and where I can get some?
I fixed my window today. The plastic clips snap onto the rail quite easily really. Just have to get enuf nerve up to do it! You should attach the metal connectors first thoughbefore snapping them on. Once you have that done, just re-install. This method is alot better because you can use the regulator that comes with the car, so you know it fits. Regulators I have bought from auto parts places haven't always fit.
Cool I will also fix my window regulator later. Few parts of it got messed up after an accident last week. I already bought all the window regulator parts that I need. Hopefully I will be successful of fixing it like you. I mean the accident already cost me a lot.

Last edited by Pau; 08-10-2011 at 07:44 PM.