Oldsmobile  Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums

Oldsmobile Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums (https://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/)
-   Alero (https://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/alero-21/)
-   -   Is this the dreaded Passlock problem? (https://oldsmobileforum.com/forum/alero-21/dreaded-passlock-problem-5075/)

mutley666 10-20-2012 12:48 PM

Is this the dreaded Passlock problem?

Hello All,
I have a 2000 or 2001 Alero which has a mind of its own!
Basically If I use the remote to open the car door, get in and start the car all is ok. But if I take the key out and dont lock the car using the remote when I try to start it again the car cranks but will not start. and the security light appears but does not flash. So I have to lock the car with the remote then unlock with the remote and the car starts. This is annoying as the remote is getting old and worn! I have tried the resistor trick and even cutting the yellow wire with the engine on but this problem still happens.
If I pull up somewhere and switch off the engine but stay in the car I have to lock the car with the remote then unlock with remote for it to run!!!
Also sometimes the security light will come on and the car will not start at all for 10 to 15 mins so I have to lock it walk off for 15 mins then it will start when I use the remote!
I have looked on Ebay and there are lots of GM passlock bypass modules but these all seem to be for remote starting the car which I am not interested in. Help.
If my remote fails I have a pile of junk that wont start!!

Kevin Koloff 10-20-2012 03:26 PM

Have you replaced the battery in the remote?

mutley666 10-21-2012 09:14 AM

Yes tried replacing battery. The remote is working but the buttons are getting harder to press. I have another remote but that is dead so I am left with just one.
I cannot believe there is no way of permently disabling this stupid system.
If my last remote goes wrong I might aswell throw the bloody car away!
The car will only start if the doors are locked then unlocked with the remote!!

Kevin Koloff 10-21-2012 01:19 PM

Take it to someone that does car alarms.

mutley666 10-22-2012 12:33 PM

I can do Car alarms myself so can you explain?

Kevin Koloff 10-22-2012 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by mutley666 (Post 12101)
I can do Car alarms myself so can you explain?

The fob is in the securtiy/alarm system on the car.

mutley666 10-23-2012 01:01 PM

Are I see. IS there anywhere I can get a wiring diagram?

Winni 11-09-2012 01:10 AM

I am not interested in. Help.
If my remote fails I have a pile of junk that wont start!!

Bert099 12-18-2012 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by mutley666 (Post 12107)
Are I see. IS there anywhere I can get a wiring diagram?

Well you can search on google there are lot of website who are selling the wiring diagrams online. I think you should try on there. But those diagrams are not free you need to pay for them. gud luck.