Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

Intrigue Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 11:53 AM

When i got my Intrigue the audio system wasnt that pleasing. After 6 months i got it mostly done. Heres what i got and be free to leave imput of what you think. Ill add pics soon:

-Pioneer DEHP6800MP (sweet deck)

-Polk 5-1/4 Speakers up front (sound great, highley recommended)

-Alpine 6x9s (BIG Bass for 6x9s and can take 250 watts!)

-Kicker Dual Subwoofer Enclosure

-Kicker 400.1 amp (good amp and sounds amazing in a trunk this big)

Future mods:

-getting a jensen flip out moniter this week (hopefully) to replace my pioneer. Not broken but who doesnt want a dvd player in there car?

-pioneer 4 channel amp to give the speakers the proper power

-catback exhaust from knightsperformance.com (looks sweet)

-heres the link for the exhaust: http://knightsperformance.com/Exhaust_Performance.htm

Let me know what yall think!

**Does anybody know of a website that sells a cold air intake for a 1999 oldsmobile intrigue?? Leave me a post. Thanks**

Old 02-21-2007, 11:50 AM

Okfound a cold air intake on ebay. it was like $28 with shipping. direct bold on with no modifacation. the intake is much louderbut notto loud to be annoying.can fellmore torque and can deffinantly say it was not a complete waste.To find the intake all you have to do is search "air intake intrigue". go to the bottom and look for Air intake superstore. The intake isnt K&N but it does the same thing just without the fancy name. Let me know what you think and be free to ask questions. O yeah the amp was a 300.1 instead of 400.1. still it pounds. here are the pics.

[img]uploads/bintrigued1989/23DAB_DSC00487.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/bintrigued1989/3F3D6_DSC00489.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/bintrigued1989/46B34_DSC00491.jpg[/img]

[img]uploads/bintrigued1989/6B3EZ_DSC00494.jpg[/img]

Old 03-02-2007, 10:53 AM

The 7" Jenses DVD is in. Here it is

[img]uploads/bintrigued1989/9Z7C9_DSC00499.jpg[/img]

Old 05-19-2007, 07:49 PM

I want to install pioneer mp3 and i have o idea how to remove the original oldsmobile cd-radio. Could you give me some information? I got Alero 2003 , 2.2 engine

Thanks!

Old 05-27-2007, 04:26 PM

wish i could help you but i got circuit city to install both of my decks cause i had no idea how to get it off also. they did an excellent job of installing it though. just look to spend 40 -70 bucks for install and parts. i highley recommend getting one of the new pioneer premiers though cause the sound quality was amazing. wish i could put it back in cause the jensens sound quality is a bit distorted after 2/3 volume.... o well

Old 05-27-2007, 06:23 PM

I'll agree with losing the Jensen model head-units, DVD or not. Actually mobile DVD is only worth a car stereo enthusiasts time if money is put in for appropriate quality equipment. Otherwise, like you found out, sound quality is greatly inhibited and can actually lead to the demise of your speakers or even amplifiers.

As far as having places like Circut City and Best Buy install your heads, I don't recommend it. These guys take a short class with a written exam before working in these shops that claim to give "professional craftsmanship". This is far from the car in most situations with many cars..

Think about it this way, experience speaks most highly in the mobile electronics market for installation. These places and their shopshave employees who come and go like any other dime-a-dozen job when things don't work out. The shop may see dozens upon dozens of different make and model vehicles over a given week. So even in the course of a month or so, it is unlikely that they have worked on the same model twice or more with any given car, truck, van, etc.. Unless a given installer is experienced before coming into this shop, he needs to work there for perhaps a year before he can be truly familiar with a given number of vehicles. This goes for more than just head-unit installs too. Ultimately being used to a given vehicle not only allows the installer(s) ability to do a better install, but also in a bit to alot less time! Which whether they can do well or not, they are pressed for time on a given day by management who's only concern is getting the components that are being sold on the floor installed as quickely as possible...

This, my stereo loving friends, is a sad but honest reality regarding big business retailers and their promise to their buyers. I have had experience with both Best Buy and Circuit City, and will never return, even to purchase, anything from these places again! Install work that I have seen on previous vehicles Ive owned (mostly because of having to remove said equipment at a later time) would be enough to make anyone who fronted the bill disgusted. High quality equipment handled and cared for as if it were from Wal-Mart.. If I had the pictures on this computer I would post them just so you can see exactely what I am talking about without thinking I'm just blowing smoke on this topic...

To answer both of you about the factory heads though is that there is a bolt or two in the back of the head as well as what you remove from the front to free it from position. These factory heads are just about all encased in a plastic framing around them inside the dash.. Ever wonder why your CDs are so damn warm if its been playing high for some time.. From my experience, these shops, instead of removing more of the dash or so forth to appropriately get behind the stock unit is they remove the front screws or bolts and just give a tug. NO head-unit that is after market has any bracing or is secured in anyway at it's back! Only shops that care enough, and see it necessary, will take the time to do this. Pretty much only applies to DVD heads in some cases because of the bigger size and thus added weight of these units...

It is as simple as buying a book for your car, and just pulling apart the front a lil more to have a much cleaner job in the end. The plastic casing that would get broken anyways can just be trimmed appropriately BY YOU (because it's not good to have surrounding your new head completely anyways) instead of letting someone else just take their chances on it. Most people never come about taking their stereos out of the dash, so this is rarely seen by the cars owner at the time.

Installs are easier than you think and always make you feel better when looking at them or discussing it with othersafter knowingYOU did the work. They just takemore time when your first starting off!

Have fun, peace .

Old 07-13-2007, 08:08 PM

polk and alpine speakers are great quality, but i would recoment matching them, meaning getting the same brand throughout. sell all your components, and go with alpine (because they make everything you need, and do it well). you can get an alpine head unit w/ dvd and ipod connectivity if you want, then i would recomend some 5 1/4inch component (separate tweeter for better soundstaging) speakers, and some gt series 6x9, and subs in the back. you might spend a little more, but you will have a really loud, really high quality system that looks clean and sounds uniform throughout.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:01 AM

< src="http://www.google-analytics.com/urchin.js" =text/>
</>
im my 89 olds delta i have 6x9 alpines work sound great kickers doors and tweeters sounds dope with 2 10' rockfords pounds well getiin 2 12'x type alpines them pound :P
< =text/>
_uacct = "UA-939292-46";
urchinTracker();
</>