Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here...

Eye Candy inside!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 05:52 AM

I love entertainment and my cars so of course its become quitea hobby of mine. Ihave had a few systems before andwhat im about to do with the '96 cutlass I have now will be best to date for me. My '92 cutlass (R.I.P)had a 15" woofer (3 cubic ft ported box)in the back and all tinted out. I am just after getting my new one tinted and stepped up to DVD to start. Also going back to a 15" sub in the trunk but alot better install this time around cuz im sick of paying good money for poor install work. You would be surprised how easy it actually is but for a much more custom job. My creativity has been sparked by previous lessonsI havelearnedand ive been doing my homework for some time now. would love to share pics ofit on the site when finished!

If anyone out there is as into mobile electronics as I have come to be!!

Later forum; for now...

Old 06-12-2006, 11:39 PM

here is my '75 cutlass supreme. 2 15" and 2 12" with 2400 watts of brain damage. lol

Old 04-21-2007, 06:57 AM

Ok so I figured it time that I visit thisforum again and let people in on what itwas I had initially mentioned about..

I stuck with my favorite bass machine, just a single 15" sub in a ported box. I just had to go back to my roots with this first DIY installation. I also plan on competing in an SPL (Sound Pressure Level)contest or two with this setup while the car is under my ownership, only tosay that one day I will sell it all!..

So here you are, the amp rack and back view through the 3/4"braced plexi glasswindow, of my 15" Kicker L5 sub enclosed in an almost 5 cu.ft. 3/4" MDF box:...

[img]uploads/PowersSAB420/Z1CZ6_set_1a_003.jpg[/img]

..As well as under the neons:

[img]uploads/PowersSAB420/5B3CC_set_1a_008.jpg[/img]

The amps consisted of two Sony Xplod model amps that had previously matched my two Sony Xplod 12" 900W (each)speakers. One feeds the high ends with 75W x 4 and the other (class D) supplies the sub with 1000W mono, stable @ 1 Ohm..

This entire installation (box, sidewalls, rack floor, etc) is covered and finished off with black marine vinyl. I also used Rhino Liner all inside the trunk to seal up and strengthen the seams. It was then covered with a Dynamat material to maximize air pressure control and sound response.. (Pictures of that to come)

Some of you may also look and ponder over why the brace on the plexi glass is not centered in between the amps. That is due to the rectangular shaped port being located along only one side of the box. As well as the fact that even though the box may had been off centered in the trunk itself to make this look better. Due to the overall size of the box this would had interfered with air flow around the box in the end. Space became very limited as you will come to see in my pictures to come..

Oh, and of course the vehicle itself. Not in it's cleanest form however, as this was during my recent trip up to the Lake Tahoe region. None-the-less in it's, and my own, natural habitat..

[img]uploads/PowersSAB420/27A2Z_Picture_017b.jpg[/img]

That is all I have picture wise togeather at this point, though there is much more done of course.. Expect another post shortly after this one containing 'the rest'...

Old 05-04-2007, 11:55 PM

--UPDATE--

Additional Info...

The front component sets, Rockford Fanatic Q series, fit nicely under the factory covers. I chose to show the crossovers, I feelthey were made to be seen! Of course only one picture was needed since both doors are set up identically, just reverse the crossover on the opposite door...

So here it is:

Name:  Picture002b.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  79.4 KB

As well, here is the rear deck setup with the pair of Rockford 4-way Punch series 6x9s. Factory installation had the prior speakerslocated underneath the deck. So to show these off appropriate holes in the deck were cut, and small plateforms were made, covered in vinyl, and securedon top of the deck..

The final result of that process:

Name:  Picture007b.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  44.2 KB

All for now folks.. There is still the trunk itself with digitalcapacitors and distribution setupto come. Alsoperhaps the side of the engine bay containing my Optima yellow top battery and circut breaker..

Stay tuned..!Edited by: PowersSAB420

Old 08-30-2010, 11:46 PM

wow very nice.