Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

Gas coming out of vapor canister vent solenoid?

Old 05-11-2017, 08:37 PM
Default Gas coming out of vapor canister vent solenoid?

I replaced my Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid about two months ago and was getting fuel coming out of it when I fueled up. If I let the gas pump fill until it clicked off I would have a puddle under the car. And it would run lousy, sometimes stalling out. So, I starting only putting $20 worth of gas in, it never stalled out but it didn't run quite right for a few minutes. Yesterday, I left work and it started to run rough and the CEL was flashing pulled over and there was gas coming out of the Vapor Canister Vent Solenoid. And NO I didn't put any gas in. I didn't make it home, ran out of gas. My wife brought me some gas and it ran for about 10 minutes more and I was out. Still didn't make it home, we towed it home yesterday evening.

About six or eight months ago I changed the fuel level sensor on the pump. Could I have gotten two of the hose fittings on the wrong fitting on the pump? I was reading on the GM Chevrolet Trailblazer forum about a Trailblazer with the same symptoms and they suggested that he may have switch the connectors around when he changed the fuel level sensor (Trailblazers have the same problem with the fuel level sensor)

Any suggestions?

Bob