Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

Breathing life back into 86 Cutlass Sup.?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 06:05 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying to decide what to do with my 1986 Olds Cutlass Supreme Brougham. The body is perfectly straight with everything intact and no rust. The car is all original and I am only the second owner. The interior is intact and almost everything works. Only the A/C and driver side power seat are broken. The car runs very good for a daily driver, but at ~184,000 the gas mileage is really rough consider the (lack of) performance.

Here's the deal. I have the cash, should I want to dump some into it. Honestly, I would be doing it for the fun of it. I don't suspect it will be my daily driver for much longer. I'm thinking headers, fix the A/C and replace the crap stock stereo with something a bit better. Start with this and re-evaluate?

Thoughts? What could be done to put some nuts into it and/or improve gas mileage? Yeah, I know an engine rebuild would be the best, but what shops in South Fla to do it? I'm not set up to do it myself unfortunately. What about fuel injector kits? If I rebuild, should I bore it out or change valves etc? What size and horsepower etc combination would be the best hp/mpg combo?

Thanks!

Old 08-26-2007, 02:50 AM

If you decide on a new set of wheels and want original all chrome 14 in. from my 86 Salon let me know. PM me and I can give you details. They are nice! I sold the car with a set of winter wheels and tires on it. The chrome were only run in the summer months.[img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]