General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Heater-climate control

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 04:04 AM
Super Moderator

1995 AURORA HAS NO HEAT-I HAVE REPLACED THERMOSTADT-TEMPERATURE RUNS AT 210 DEGREES-FAN RUNS AS SUPPOSE TO. NO HEAT ON AUTO OR MANUEL. SUGGESTIONS?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 PM

I have the same problem with my 95 aurora, if u get any reply to this please let me know. It really sucks to freeze on the way to work when its below 0

Old 10-28-2007, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Plugged heater core? Remove the lines and see if radiator fluid will flow through it. Also, when on the heater setting, is the amount of airflow throught the vents the same as when on air conditioner setting? If not, check for airflow blockage in heater core.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:16 PM

I am also having the same problem, Im not sure but think the controls on the dash operate vacume devices to open and close doors. I cant find any thing in the hayes manule that shows a map of the lines, anyone have a diagram?

I checked the lines under the hood looking for a break but found no leaks . It looks like I may have to remove the radio to inspect the vac connections on the controller. Input anyone!

Old 11-07-2007, 07:19 PM
Super Moderator

I HAVE RULED OUT THE CONTROLLER BECAUSE THE AIR DIRECTION CHANGES FREELY. THEHEATER CORE MUST BE STOPPED UP WITH SLUDGE AND NOT MOVING THE WATER FREELY. WILL ADVISE...

Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by ilikecars
I HAVE RULED OUT THE CONTROLLER BECAUSE THE AIR DIRECTION CHANGES FREELY. THEHEATER CORE MUST BE STOPPED UP WITH SLUDGE AND NOT MOVING THE WATER FREELY. WILL ADVISE...

My guess is that you can flush the core with garden hose both directions.

It maybe (heat ,Ac control ****) is not working also! On a cutlass this is vacume controlled . I have not got into this yet but it looks like the radio removed will expose the vac line hub above the controlls. Will advise!

Old 11-09-2007, 05:44 PM

Does your Aurora, Heater controls look like this? This picture is of a 95 Cutlass!

Ryano

click on pictue to enlarge

Edited by: Ryano

Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

not even remotely. its all turndial and electronic up and down temperature setting..thanks.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:12 PM

not even remotely. its all turndial and electronic up and down temperature setting..thanks.

I ran acrossthis post witch sounds like it may be simular to your, thought you may have intrest:

http://www.oldsmobileforums.com/foru...ead.php?t=6141 &highlight=no+dash+lights

My sons Cutlass has a cable controled blend door, ele controled fan, and vacuum controled (defrost,floor,vents)! We found access by removing the glove compartment, there we can see the arm on the blend door that is moved by be cable that is connected to the controll head on the dash. I wish car had all cable operated levers like they used to!

In are case the blend door didnt open and close right,so we choped a hole in the back of the plastic glove compartment (redneck enginering), with our finger we could reach in and move it manually to the heat position and just leave it there, AC dosent work anyway. Good luck!