General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 10:33 AM

Hey everyone. I am the proud owner of a 1998 Oldsmobile Delta 88. (bought it off dad for 100 bucks) The car currently has 155k on it but has a lot of life left in it. I'm debating if I should put a supercharger on it. This car isn't a beater. She's my baby. haha. But I do want a little respect from all my car buddies. Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't put a supercharger on it? If I do decide to put one on is there any special parts I will need other than the supercharger and belt? I read something about a Harmonic Balancer? will it fit on the stock intake? If anyone has an answer/opinion or two it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by slicnic79
Hey everyone. I am the proud owner of a 1998 Oldsmobile Delta 88. (bought it off dad for 100 bucks).

Congratulations! Quite a deal.

The car currently has 155k on it but has a lot of life left in it. I'm debating if I should put a supercharger on it. This car isn't a beater. She's my baby. haha. But I do want a little respect from all my car buddies. Does anyone have any reasons why I shouldn't put a supercharger on it? .

Yes. 155K miles. Unless you like paying a lot of money to smell fried pistons...

I read something about a Harmonic Balancer? will it fit on the stock intake? If anyone has an answer/opinion or two it would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Before you go hog-wild spending a lot of money on things you really don't have a firm grasp on, you might want to check outOlds boards like this one (oldsconnection.com is another good one for 90's Olds) and use the "SEARCH" function to see what others have previously said on the subject. You may find a lot more than a "yes" or "no" answer and from an entirely different perspective. Google is also your friend. If you can't find it, certainly ask!Research is your first line of defense in the information war. OK....maybe a bad metaphore there...but you get the drift...

You maynever go "light to light" with anybody, but you'll be cruising in style!

C.J.Edited by: texasred