Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

Is there another Intrigue turn signal flasher? (Besides the Hazard one)

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Default Is there another Intrigue turn signal flasher? (Besides the Hazard one)

The first photo is familiar to many of you who have already become involved with flasher or turn signal problems on the Intrigue - there is a combined flasher + cruise control switch. This I have already repaired, the picture is to notify those of you who have no already worked this problem before that this is usually suspect #1, if just a light bulb change doesn't do it.

But I am posting this ask: what would be suspect #2?
I am asking for suggestions, so please fire away.

What I wonder is if there is another flasher, dedicated to turn signals.I read that another flasher was located adjacent some computer or ECM type device under the dash on the driver's side. The second photo shows what I found when under the dash - I don't know the correct name of that highly cabled unit on the left, but on the same bracket, to the right, was what appeared to be a flasher. I became excited. However, when I removed it, a lookup of the part # indicated it was not a light flasher, but for a different system in the car.

Attached Thumbnails Is there another Intrigue turn signal flasher? (Besides the Hazard one)-p1060409.jpg   Is there another Intrigue turn signal flasher? (Besides the Hazard one)-p1060406.jpg