Intrigue Talk about the Oldsmobile Intrigue within...

Dual Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 04:06 PM

Hi, I'm new here so this is my first post. I have a 98 Intrigue with the dual climate control on the a/c. Haven't used the a/c for a few weeks, but when I tried the a/c the other day, it would blow cold air out the pass. side and hot air out the drivers side. When I turn the control **** to its lowest temp setting, it will go to 60* but will still blow hot air on the driver side. Does anyone here know anything about this problem? Is it a DIY job? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Wayne

Old 08-12-2007, 02:10 PM

I have the same problem. If anyone out there can help, please do. I was told it was and was not the controls.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by blackolds98
I have the same problem. If anyone out there can help, please do. I was told it was and was not the controls.
I changed the control head with a used one. It seemed to work for a while but went back to warm on one side. Had freon added to it, this also helped alot. After about 3 to 4 weeks later it started blowing warm some time and cold at other times. I really think it might be the blend doors, letting in outside air when it's notsupposed to. I had these servo motors checked with a hand held and was told they were working properly. There's got to be a fix for it though.

Wayne

Old 08-14-2007, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

MY EXPERIENCE WITH MY 95 AURORA HAS BEEN THAT THE PASSENGER SIDE VENT HAS PRESEDENCE OVER THE DRIVERS SIDE. THE PROBLEM SOLUTION FOR ME HAS BEEN TO ADD FREON . THE SYSTEM IS LEAKING AND FREON ESCAPING. I CAN ADD FREON MYSELF AND IT WORKS FINE FOR 3 TO FIVE WEEKS. YOU CAN ADD FREON YOURSELF JUST LOOK FOR A DO IT YOURSELF KIT AT YOUR FAVORITE AUTO PARTS STORE. ADD 2 SMALL CANS AND RUN THE CAR FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND SEE THE DIFFERENCE. IF IT KOOLS AFTER 2 CANS WAIT UNTIL IT STOPS COOLING BEFORE ADDING ANY MORE FREON . THIS IS CHEAPER THAN 500 BUCKS FOR A NEW COMPRESSOR , EVAPORATOR AND CONDENDER. AINT ALWAYS GONNA BE HOT OUTSIDE. I PROMISE THIS WORKS.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:32 AM

Just an update on my problem. Compressor started making alot of noise. Replaced it along with new drier,and new orffice. It's been a week now and can honestly say it works great. Cold air is almost instant after start up. Blows cold out of all vents. Thought this might help someone.

Thanks Wayne