Silhouette Talk about the Oldsmobile Silhouette within...

Compass Calibration

Old 04-06-2017, 01:16 AM
Default Compass Calibration

Can anyone tell me the correct way to calibrate the compass/outside temp unit? I recently replaced the dying one in my Silhouette with one from another in a junk yard. I have tried setting the zone number, and putting it into "C" mode and driving in 50 or more circles ... nothing ever happens - just stays in "C" mode .. please help. Cheers

1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette

Old 04-07-2017, 11:05 PM

Anyone????

Old 04-15-2017, 12:01 PM

Am not at all familiar with the vehicle, but on the compasses I do know about, one has to take it out of the "C"alibration mode after making the prescribed number of turns?

Old 05-17-2017, 12:11 AM

And how do I do that?

Old 05-20-2017, 02:03 PM

On the one's with which I am familiar "C"alibration mode is exited by pressing the same button used to enter that mode. It could the button has be depressed and held for a second or two?

I would also think Google might be your friend here in that a search might yield calibration instructions. I further think those instructions would be the same for all GM lines, not just Oldsmobile?

Old 01-20-2018, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by OldsD88
On the one's with which I am familiar "C"alibration mode is exited by pressing the same button used to enter that mode. It could the button has be depressed and held for a second or two?

I would also think Google might be your friend here in that a search might yield calibration instructions. I further think those instructions would be the same for all GM lines, not just Oldsmobile?
Didn't make a lick of difference.. nor did I find anything online. Called a GM dealership and nothing they suggested worked either. Bought another compass from the junkyard and same bull****. No one knows how to calibrate this thing? Really? :/