Go Back   Oldsmobile Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums > Oldsmobile Vehicles > Intrigue
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 AM

Post Fuel Line Replacement

Can anyone recommend whether or not I can replace the steel fuel lines in my 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue with High Pressure rubber hoses? I'm curious to know, as the dealership want over $300.00 for stock replacement hoses. I have a bad fuel leak at my fuel filter....

Michael
Old 05-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

Can't you just buy the part at Autozone and do it yourself?
Is the line itself rotten and leaking, or is there just a crack in it? You may be able to splice in a new section rather than replace the whole line.
Also, the dealer is usually the most expensive (by far) place to get any maintenance done. I would try to find an independent shop, at least for a quote so you can see by how much the dealer is ripping you off.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

You can replace it with rubber fuel line. Probably has the same system the Alero has, hard line to the fuel filter with the quik disconnect at the filter. The o ring in the line that goes to the filter goes bad and pisses fuel everywhere. Cut the hard plastic hose about 4 inches from the filter and replace with rubber fuel line with hose clamps. That is if thats where its leaking.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:04 PM

Default RE:

I think I may have to replace all of my lines. All 3 of the lines headed towards the engine are rusted and breaking. It's a pretty slow leak, but you can still smell it pretty strong when sitting still. It's just after my fuel filter. as for Autozone, I tried looking for the specific part, they didn't have it.

-Michael
Old 05-15-2010, 02:04 PM

Tags
99, alero, filter, fuel, intrigue, leak, line, lines, oldsmobile, replace, replacing, rubber, rusted, splice, steel