442 Talk about the 442 within...

Pls help 1971 orig 442 blk/blk auto a/c

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:21 PM

OK, I am new here and need help with this car. I am on Long Island and need a knowledgeable 442 guy to look at this car. I will pay him or you for the time. I am also wondering what this car is worth and I will describe it to you in detail as best I can. I was also wondering if there was any other forums for these cars as there seems to be very few people on this one. I have a chevelle SS and I am on that forum every so often and there are 50 times as many people on that one. Anyway, the car is...<BR itxtvisited="1">1971 black /black 442 with 85k miles and protecto plate (possibly other documentation which I will find out about later) with one repaint done about 15 years ago in laquer and is showing some signs of age now. Has some checking in spots (maybe 15% of car) but is a 5-8 footer. There has never been any rust and there is none now as I looked over it pretty well. Door jams, trunk channel and inner fenders are still original paint along with the plastic panel right in the center below the hood (with the olds emblem on it) that too wasn''t painted. Obviously no one put much into painting this car but it is very flat and looks show quality from 8 feet away. Options are automatic, a/c, ram air hood option, tilt wheel and other minor options that I forgot. Interior is all original, except carpet, and is very nice with minor wear. Not one thing has been changed or doctored up ever on this car. It is a survivor with one repaint in very nice condition overall but the slacked paint job bothers me! Any clues on what it is worth would be much appreciated and anyone on Long Island that could see the car with pay would also be great. Thanks in advance.<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">P.S. I have no pics and it is not listed anywhere!<BR itxtvisited="1"><BR itxtvisited="1">Brian<! google_ad_section_end ><! / message >