Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

Brand of Oil Filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 03:32 AM

I have a 2004 Alero 2.2L. I am needing to change my oil. I was wondering what brand of oil filter you recommend. I will have to order online so if you can provide a link that would really be apprecative. I have found this type not sure if this is the one.
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...?mfrcode=PUR&m frpartnumber=PL15436&parttype=1&ptset=A

Also were is the location of the oil filter.

Thanks,
DanoEdited by: Dano04

Old 12-31-2006, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

CHECK IT FOR YOURSELF BUT I THINK THAT IF YOU ARE JUST BUYING A OIL FILTER YOU WOULD BE BETTER OF GOING TO NAPA OR CARQUEST AS THEY WILL SELL YOU ONE FOR $3 TO $6. FREIGHT WOULD BE $2 TO $4 ONLINE. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE THE OIL FILTER FROM UNDERSIDE THE CAR, SOME CAN BE SEEN BY LOOKING ON THE SIDE OF THE ENGINE BLOCK. IF YOU LOOK AND DONT SEE IT TAKE YOUR CAR TO A FAST LUBE AND DONT TRY IT YOURSELF. INEXPERIENCE CAN RUIN AN ENGINE WHEREAS IT TAKES A LOT OF WORK $$$$$$$ TO REPLACE AN ENGINE. THIS IS JUST AN OPINION..

Old 01-04-2007, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

ilike,

I'd agree withyou on this one...except Dano said heHAS TOtoorder online. For whatever reason. Of course, shipping on the oil is what would kill him.

Dano,

I suggest you pop for a Factory Shop Manual for it (it'll pay for itself...believe me!)Even a POS Haynes or Chilton's would help.

If you can...take it to a Jiffy-Lube and watch what they do. You'll know next time.

BTW, ilike, you really need to have that keyboard looked at.

C.J.Edited by: texasred

Old 01-04-2007, 10:09 AM

I know how to change the oil and where it is located. i was just wanting to know what type of filter would be the best for this type of car. My other vehicle has a V8. So I not around 4cyl. much.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:33 PM

I tell u right now, NAPA oil filters are going to be ur best bet. One, they are at a reasonable price. Two, the NAPA stores I have been to had all of my family's vehicles filters on hand and they will find ur filter for u in no time, great service. Three, NAPA's oil and air filters are made by Wicks. A very well respected filter company. Four, I work at a NAPA parts store and I know what we do and what we carry. I suggest that if u need a part for ur vehicle, 99% of the time NAPA has it or they can order it and the part will come in over night. Trust me, NAPA filters are top line. I am not just saying this b/c i work there, b/c i went there ever since i owned a vehicle, even b4 i worked there. If i were u, i will try NAPA first.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

TEXAS RED . I LOOKED AT IT . ITS FINE. RESPECTFULLY.