Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

Engine swao

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 01:53 PM

Hi, I'm about to swap out the engine in my 2000 Alero. Any tips, hints etc? Thanks.

Old 03-31-2005, 04:21 PM
Administrator

swap from and to?

Old 03-31-2005, 05:38 PM

From a 2000 engine to a 2001 engine- 4 cylinder, it's a salvage 2001 engine being dropped into my 2000 Alero.

Old 04-02-2005, 02:59 PM
Administrator

is it the same size engine? what is the difference in the 2 engines? have you started it/done one before?

Old 04-04-2005, 04:50 PM

O.K. , I just finished putting the replacement engine in my car. It runs good; purrs like a kitten, even...... But, The low oil pressure light is staying on. I have double checked all of my wires and connections and I'm certain that they are correct and secure.

Now, before I drain all my oil, remove the pan, and all that to check the oil pump, is there something quick and easy that I might be forgetting? My oil level is right on the money, andI can't think of anything I would've missed.How do I know for sure if I gotta replace the oil pump or not? My service manual says I need special tools and that pump lookslike it's VERY hard to replace and very expensive.

You think maybe there is some stupid sensor gone bad somewhere or something like that?

Someone please help. I'm too broke to send this car tomy Oldsmobile dealer to get this fixed.

Old 04-04-2005, 08:58 PM

Nevermind. I figured it out for myself. It was just my oil pressure sensor. I took the sensor off my old engine and put it on the new one. I was just freaking out because I have such rotten luck with cars.but now I'm all fixed up, so thanx anyway.

Mods or administrators, feel free to close this topic now; I'm finished.

Thanx.