Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

muffler tip??

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Default muffler tip??

Hi guys i bought a 2000 4 door v6 alero last week. It's electric blue and i love it. i really want to make the muffler louder but i do not have alot of money. everyoone i show it to says it will be hard to do. it has 1 big muffler sideways and 2 2inch tail pipes. I was wondering if i could even buy a cheap tip or do i have to replace something. i'm so lost. i can spend about 120 bucks. thank for any advice

Old 05-12-2011, 06:45 AM

Wow... This site seems useless Just registered yesterday..
What im going to do is, Probley go to Canadian tire, and buy a Magnaflow Performance muffler and tip Either Single Oval tip, or dual tip .
Muffler- $99 I think at Crappy tire.

Old 05-26-2011, 06:05 AM

i put a muffler on my '02 Alero coupe (2.2L EcoTec) and it sounds pretty great , i dont know about your car r how much its gunna cost but im moving towards taking out the cat. converters . make some mean noise , sorry if thats no help man .

Old 07-01-2011, 03:43 AM
Pau

Originally Posted by aleroboy
Hi guys i bought a 2000 4 door v6 alero last week. It's electric blue and i love it. i really want to make the car mufflers louder but i do not have alot of money. everyoone i show it to says it will be hard to do. it has 1 big muffler sideways and 2 2inch tail pipes. I was wondering if i could even buy a cheap tip or do i have to replace something. i'm so lost. i can spend about 120 bucks. thank for any advice
If you are not satisfied on the sound of your current muffler, I believe that it is not sufficient to replace the tip only..

Last edited by Pau; 07-01-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-02-2011, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Pau
If you are not satisfied on the sound of your current muffler, I believe that it is not sufficient to replace the tip only..
True ^
I just went out and bought a RACTIVE Muffler, (with tip) - (Its all one piece) and I am installing it today.. Should sound great !