Alero Talk about the Oldsmobile Alero within...

pause or hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. If I can find a picture I will post it up for you.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by rustyballs_69
Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor. If I can find a picture I will post it up for you.
That would help, thanks Rusty

Old 06-17-2010, 08:54 AM

I'm having the same issue. However, my check engine light is on, steady, and I found out it is the second o2 sensor. It will be replaced sometime hopefully this weekend. I will come back and post whether it fixed the problem. Also, did you figure out your humming noise? Was it the bearing? I only ask because I am having major issues with mine, have had bearings replaced 3 times in past year and a half. Car makes noise when accelerating, especially at higher speeds (highway and such), dont laugh but it almost sounds like theres a helicopter flying above me!
So glad to have found this forum. I have had nothing but problems with this car since purchasing. Even had to replace engine already.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by mom2kaynlissa
I'm having the same issue. However, my check engine light is on, steady, and I found out it is the second o2 sensor. It will be replaced sometime hopefully this weekend. I will come back and post whether it fixed the problem. Also, did you figure out your humming noise? Was it the bearing? I only ask because I am having major issues with mine, have had bearings replaced 3 times in past year and a half. Car makes noise when accelerating, especially at higher speeds (highway and such), dont laugh but it almost sounds like theres a helicopter flying above me!
So glad to have found this forum. I have had nothing but problems with this car since purchasing. Even had to replace engine already.
yes it sounds like your bearing. the best way to figure out which one is bad, jack up the front of your car so both front tires are off the ground. block off your back 2 tires so the car doesn't roll on you and put your car in Neutral.

Now go to the right front tire, and reach on top and grab the spring with one hand and spin your tire with the other, then do the same for the other side. The tire with the bad bearing will give off lots of vibration through the spring.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:57 AM

Brought vehicle to the mechanic, apparently the wheel bearings are fine. Told me that it is actually my transaxle bearing? the left side has some play in it, while the right side doesn't move.
Anyone ever have any issues with this? It's going back into the shop on Monday.
Thank you wut for your suggestions and response!

Old 06-19-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by mom2kaynlissa
Brought vehicle to the mechanic, apparently the wheel bearings are fine. Told me that it is actually my transaxle bearing? the left side has some play in it, while the right side doesn't move.
Anyone ever have any issues with this? It's going back into the shop on Monday.
Thank you wut for your suggestions and response!
Try starting a new thread with "Transaxle bearing" in the title.