Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

1997 Aurora doors locked out

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 10:02 PM
Default 1997 Aurora doors locked out

Okay I hate too come onto a forum and just start asking questions but i am (wife is) in desperate need too get this problem fixed. about a month ago someone tried breaking into my 1997 aurora and after that the passenger side doors will not open, the latch is working properly, but the anti theft thing in the car has locked out the doors, so manual unlocking or power unlocking will not work. in addition my windows (all 4) will not roll back down. my wife is pregnant and she has a hard time getting over the seat so she has had too resort too sitting in the back. I have tried resetting the system by leaving the car on for 30 minutes then shutting off then turning it back on but that did not disengage it, i have checked all the fuses (under seat, trunk, hood, back seat and side door) I have tried too leave the + off the battery over night too clear it but again no luck, so any help with this problem would be most appreciated. okay now I am off to the introduce yourself section. take care and god bless.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Super Moderator

Does the owners manual have any info on resetting the system? I have never heard of a problem like this caused by an antitheft system. Do you have an aftermarket system installed?
How do you know the latch is working, if you can't open the door? Could the thief have broken the linkage to the lock or latch pin in the door? Remove the inner door panel, you will be able to see all the mechanism then, and make sure everything is connected.

On the plus side, you won't have to pull over for her to switch seats on the way to the hospital, since she is already in the back, she can deliver right away!

Old 09-26-2009, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Iflylow
Does the owners manual have any info on resetting the system? I have never heard of a problem like this caused by an antitheft system. Do you have an aftermarket system installed?
How do you know the latch is working, if you can't open the door? Could the thief have broken the linkage to the lock or latch pin in the door? Remove the inner door panel, you will be able to see all the mechanism then, and make sure everything is connected.

On the plus side, you won't have to pull over for her to switch seats on the way to the hospital, since she is already in the back, she can deliver right away!
owners manual has nothing about it, no there is no after market deck installed, I took the panel off inside too watch the mechanism pulling and releasing fine, so i know the handles work. how and where would i look for the linkage too the lock? which part is that? thanks for the reply.

john