Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

2001 Aurora Stalls

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 11:51 AM

Hi, first post here and I have a feeling it won't be my last. I just bought a used '01 Aurora 4.0 with 65k miles. I fell in love on the test drive and have always been confident with Oldsmobiles. I bought it "As-Is" no extended warranty (I feel they are rip-offs) well to my shock after only a week of driving (awesome driving by the way) It is starting to stall on me while I'm idling at a light, or drive-thru. It will start right back up with no hesitation, but It has me really nervous because I don't want it to lead to a more serious and therefore more expensive issue. The dealer has taken the car back into the shop to see what they can do (Toyota dealer so I doubt they can do much). I have asked them to provide me with written documentation as to what the problem was/is so that it can help narrow the issue. Has anyone else experienced this? If so what fixed the issue for you? One last thing I noticed it makes a hard thud when I turn at low speeds, I also mentioned this to dealer they say "If I take it to a GM dealer they will grease/lubricate something at no cost" I don't have sucker written across my forehead but I have a feeling I'm being taken for a ride, and not in the good sense. Any help would really help me out here.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:08 PM

im taking guesses, my father was a mechanic not me but i learned quit a bit from him, do small things first like if you go to a certain gas station to get your gas try another one, also try to put fuel injector cleaner in there. Try the gas cap, the fuel system has air tight set up and you might have a leak out of the cap it self or somewhere in one of the lines or it could be a fuel pump. Im just taking guesses but its worth a try if you havent tried it already doing little stuff like that has helped out in the past with my aurora

Old 06-28-2007, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

take the car to autozone ( free ) and have an engine diagnostics test performed. this may tell you what the real problem is . this is a great car . if they say the ignition module is bad then you buy all 4 ignition modeles ( 4.0 engine ) and do it yourself . i installed them myself in all of 40 minutes . they are located on top of the engine and easy to fine. my aurora began to shake at a stop light was the beginning symptom . i replaced all four and i am back to 23 miles per gallon. . if you only replace one module then you will replace the rest next week.. thats he way some repair shops keep nailing you week after week. good luck.