Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

95-96 Aurora

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 12:56 PM

I am looking for a dependable car that I shouldn't have to be ashamed of. I have a low budget (under 3,000), but I've come across some auroras that are in my price range and I love their look on the inside and out. I've owned pontiacs in the past with 3.8 engines. I would love to have the ballsy4.0 from Aurora, I just don't know if its dependable. Does anyone have any good adivce or know of common problems with these engines? I need something to last me up and over 150,000 miles.

Old 06-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

I HAVE A 1995 AURORA WITH 122K MILES NOW . I PURCHASED THE CAR FOR $2700.00 10 months ago with 102 k MILES. SO FAR MONEY SPENT IS 4 OIL CHANGES , NO ADDITIONAL OIL ADDED BETWEEN CHANGES , 2 TIRES =REGULAR MAINTENANCE , AND FRONT BRAKES , DID IT MYSELF , 250 HORSEPOWER , FULL LEATHER , ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES OF A ELDORADO AND RIDE OF AN ELDORADO . TAXES ARE 77 DOLLARS . IF I DONT GET 150K MILES IT WILL BECAUSE I WRECKED IT. CAR IS ABSOLUTELY GREAT.....

Old 08-09-2007, 04:42 PM

I have a 95 Aurora with 170,780 Miles on it.It runs like new. I bought it a few months ago from my brother. He bought it at 103,000 on it.He put in about $800on it to switch the Selenoid Pack on the trans. The car did notwant to shift from 2- 3 But that happened at about 165,000 miles. Plusmy brother beat on that car quite often. On a road trip home to Chicago from California he was driving 140 MIles an hour on the highwaywith 4guys in the car and a full trunk of baggage. The only reason we didn't go any faster wasbcuz the car shutoff the gas to the car to limit u toonly 140 miles top speed.We took it toSouthern LA California and then on the way back to arizona and texas and then to chicago at about 150,000 miles. The car never had one problem.We glided with ease to cali and back. How many other cars can u take on a road trip that far with som many miles on it?? Notmany. Their engines are Northstars. Same engine as the caddilac. So u know it's well built.If the previous owner took care of the car then u should hav no worries. I bought my car for$2,400 But it has no working AC. I still feel like I got a steal.