Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

97 aurora with a few problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 05:56 PM

I have a 97 aurora and i have a few diffrent problems, 1) the a/c blows hot out of the drivers side and cold out of the passenger side, all the controls work including the passenger side temp control, im stumped. 2)while driving at night when the lights are on ican notice the lights inside and out are pulsing and it does it all the time i cleaned all of the battery terminals and the alternator says its putting out about 14.7v, again stumped. 3)when my gas tank is between a quarter tank and a half tank the gauge starts bouncing all over the place some times it will read full or when i start it up it will tell me how much gas i have then after a minute or two of driving it will rise back up to full even know i have just a quarter tank of gas, and im stumped again. lasti sometimes especially when the engine is warm have a tough time getting my car to start i mean it will startafter about 5 seconds but its like its struggleing for a few seconds.If anyone can help me on any of these subjects i would be so happy......... Edited by: StevieV0433

Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM

I have the same issue on my 97 with the fuel guage and difficult to start. The fuel guage symptoms are related to a bad sending unit located in the fuel tank. I was told that it can be accessed through the trunk? I have pulled two trouble codes 113 and 404 after my car started having difficulty starting. I know what each means, but not sure where to look. I would be interested to see if anyone out there knows where to look first....

Old 08-09-2007, 04:51 PM

Yea I have a 95 aurora with same problem on the fuel tank. My brother changed the Fuel Pump. It is accessed through the trunk. The problem is that when it got installed, the fuel pump was a tight fit. And my dad forced the damn thing in, the problem with that is that their is a float in the fuel pump that tells ur car how much gas u have. That float is connected to a sensitive wire that transmits the level of gas to the computer. When my dad forced it in he damaged that wire and now The stupid *** tank can be empty and it will read full. An easy way to get around it is u use ur computer to see how many miles u drove and calculate it out to how many gallons u put in.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

HEY CHITZ;;;; TELL ME ABOUT YOUR A/C PROBLEM. I MAY HAVE A SOLUTION. DID IT QUIT SUDDENLY OR SLOWLY? IS COMPRESSOR OK ? NOT LOCKED UP.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:35 AM

I've been using the computer to keep me out of trouble for now...you're right about the sending unit and pump being one unit. I was told that my air cond issue was related to one of the modules that are located under the dash on the passenger side of the car. I looked at a breakdown of the system at the caddy dealer, but not sure which one of the four is creating the problem. If anyone has had this same problem and had it repaired, I would be curious if you knew the GM part number for the part....might save me a lot of time troubleshooting this weekend. To answer the previous post..the air on the drivers side quit suddenly. It worked one day and when I started it up the next...I noticed the drivers side air was warm, but the passenger side was cold. Doesn't matter if I recirc or not. If I drive it long enough it eventually gets cool, but not cold.