General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

1998 Cutlass with a few issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:59 AM

Hi all,

this is my very first post here. I was hoping to get a little help with my `98 Cutlass.

First question: The first two positions for the HVAC fan switch don't work, but positions 3, 4 & 5 work just fine. Someone said this was an allegedly easy fix, but couldn't tell me how to do it! :screwy:

Second question: the two buttons directly below the fan/blower control **** (left button is to get fresh air from outside and right button is to recirculate cabin air) flash back and forth and can't make up their minds who is going to remain lit. You can also hear them clicking back and forth between the two buttons completely on their own as you drive down the road. Trying to select one button or the other makes no difference. Some ghost just keeps the lights alternating back and forth.

Last question: I get a light "clunk" sound when going over even the smallest of bumps in the road that seems to be coming from the front wheels. This sound does NOT occur if I'm applying the brakes, though... as if something were loose in the brake pads or brake system. I checked everything with the wheels off and everything seems nice and snug. The car stops beautifully, too.

Any suggestions?? Thanks!!!

Dale