Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

It’s dead...what do I do now?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 12:37 AM

< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>
Hello. My daughter and her boyfriend abused the 1995 Aurora I bought them, and now it's DEAD! Had radiator problems they ignored, and I'm sure the engine gasket was blown. Now the timeing belt went, and I think it needs a proper burial.

Someone suggested I just put a new engine in, but frankly, I don't have the money to do that and given the problems it's had, I'm not sure it's worth it. Any suggestions? I've no experience with this. Does the car have any value for parts? What should I do? Just have someone haul it away, or can I sell it for parts? If I sell it, what should I ask for? Should I just call a junk-yard? I'd like to get something for it if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF?? WHAT PARTS ARE LEFT ? WHAT CONDITION ARE THESE PARTS ?? HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE TO THE REMOVAL OF THESE PARTS AND HOW DO I SHIP THEM?? WHO CAN I SELL THEM TO QUICKLY?? WHAT WILL A HAUL OFF GUY GIVE ME FOR THE CAR AS IS?? AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW LONG DO I WANT TO BEAT MY DAUGHTER AND BOYFRIEND FOR DESTROYING AN ABSOLUTELY GREAT CAR??????? YOUR CALL..

Old 09-15-2007, 06:26 PM

I thoroughly agree on the "Beat them up" idea. And here's the kicker. I got them the car for only $900.00, and gave them another $1000.00 toput into it! Oh...I also paid a couple 'hundred to replace the radiator at one point. I guess it was a case of "easy come easy go" for them. Lesson learned!

I do not have the ability to assess any parts, nor remove and ship them. I guess it's the haul-off guy. I wonder what he will give me for the car. Any suggestions as to what I should ask?

Thanks.
< =>
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->
</>

Old 09-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Super Moderator

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DUMP THE CAR , CALL MORE THAN ONE TOW GUY AND LET HER GO. MIGHT ALSO CALL A JUNK YARD AND ELIMINATE THE MIDDLE MAN.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

If the rest of the car is ok, you might want to ebay it whole. Might get a few hundred for it.

C.J.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:32 PM

Unfortunately the value of this car, as in many other American cars depletes dramatically. This car is worth nothing, and definetly not worth the headaches of trying to sell it for parts. It's just not popular enough. Your emotionally attached as many Aurora owners, but its time to let go[img]smileys/smiley19.gif[/img]!!

Old 09-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

HEY LISTEN TO RED. THE COST OF LISTING IT ON EBAY MIGHT BE A GOOD INVESTMENT . FIRST ASK THE HAULAWAY MAN WHAT HE WILL PAY AND THEN LIST IT ON EBAY AT A SLIGHTLY HIGHER PRICE WITH NO RESERVE. IF IT SELLS YOU HAVE WON. IF NOT THE TOWMAN WILL STILL BE THERE TO REMOVE THE CARCASS. BE SURE TO GIVE IT PLENTY OF TIME ON EBAY FOR EVERYONE TO SEE IT . BEST TO GIVE IT 2 FULL WEEKENDS. EVERYONE PLAYS ON EBAY DURING TIME OFF.