Aurora Talk about the Oldsmobile Aurora within...

Transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 06:18 PM

The service light on my 99 Aurora came on the other day, when it did I took it to see what the light meant, the computer displayed a code P741 and it said Torque Performance Stuck Off. I have not had any problems with the transmission shifting or anything, so I am not sure what this means. The light went off the next day, and it is not on now, so I don't know what to do. If anyone has any suggestions or know what this may mean, please let me know Thanks

Old 03-09-2007, 12:51 AM

if it said torque performance the only think i could think of would be the power button on the shift lever (my 95 has one i don't know if your does) your best bet would be to talk to someone at a gm dealer cause if you get someone willing to help when it comes to trouble codes ussually the buys at the dealers have seen just about everyone on the cars they deal with and can tell you right off the top of their head what it is...and i've found in past experiancees they are sussaully right or pretty damn close...torque performance stuck on doesn't sound like a bad thing it just sounds like something that shouldn't be on all the time and for some reason it is

Old 09-08-2007, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by olds99

The service light on my 99 Aurora came on the other day, when it did I took it to see what the light meant, the computer displayed a code P741 and it said Torque Performance Stuck Off. I have not had any problems with the transmission shifting or anything, so I am not sure what this means. The light went off the next day, and it is not on now, so I don't know what to do. If anyone has any suggestions or know what this may mean, please let me know Thanks

Hi

Did you by chance find out for sure what was needed to fix your problem I also have exact same car and problem.

Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator

I BELIEVE THE CONTROL SAID TORQUE LOCK. THIS MEANS YOU WERE PARKED ON A HILL AND DIDNT SHIFT YOUR TRANSAXLE INTO PARK PROPERLY , THE WEIGHT OF THE VEHICLE MAY PUT TOO MUCH FORCE ON THE PARKING PAWL IN THE TRANSAXLE . YOU MAY FIND IT DIFFICULT TO PULL THE SHIFT LEVER OUT OF PARK. TO PREVENT TORQUE LOCK , SET THE PARKING BRAKE AND THEN SHIFT TO PARK PROPERLY BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE DRIVERS SEAT. WHEN YOU ARE READY TO DRIVE SHIFT THE LEVER OUT OF PARK BEFORE YOU RELEASE THE PARKING BRAKE. . GOOD LUCK..