Bravada Talk about the Oldsmobile Bravada within...

97 bravada awd help

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 08:16 PM
Default 97 bravada awd help

Hello I have a 97 olds bravada and last year the awd stopped working. I know it wasnt working because I got stuck and only rear wheels were spinning. Was going to get it fixed but ended up having minor surgery shortly after and was unable to work on anything. Now I dont know really anything about awd and worked very little on 4wd so I dont know whats wrong and not finding alot about smarttrak was told it was the transfer case motor or something like that got part number ordered it online tried to locate it but couldnt find it so called ok tire said they knew how to install it and would be decently cheap went in and they said 97 doesnt have this part and all I needed to do was remove passenger front wheel take off inner fender liner and battery tray and there would be a vacuum system there and to check for leaks in lines or replace the part itself did all that and theres nothing there. So joined here and hoping someone can help me out.
Thanks for any and all help

Old 08-05-2023, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 97rada
Hello I have a 97 olds bravada and last year the awd stopped working. I know it wasnt working because I got stuck and only rear wheels were spinning. Was going to get it fixed but ended up having minor surgery shortly after and was unable to work on anything. Now I dont know really anything about awd and worked very little on 4wd so I dont know whats wrong and not finding alot about smarttrak was told it was the transfer case motor or something like that got part number ordered it online tried to locate it but couldnt find it so called ok tire said they knew how to install it and would be decently cheap went in and they said 97 doesnt have this part and all I needed to do was remove passenger front wheel take off inner fender liner and battery tray and there would be a vacuum system there and to check for leaks in lines or replace the part itself did all that and theres nothing there. So joined here and hoping someone can help me out.
Thanks for any and all help
hey. what helps is getting seriall number from Transfer case. theres a tag on back that can help alot. i also have 97 bravada but am finding out that 97 bravada compatibility parts especially with this awd system isn't quite accurate and alot of misinformation on web.
I'm in need of tcase motor and the harness. im pretty sure its eclectronic shift motor even though its awd, so no push button 4x4. im not sure if its a vacuum actuator, but to find out it's under the battery plate/Brackett. to pull encoder motor you will probably have to remove front drive shaft, pretty easy, and 3 or 4 bots holding motor to tcase. there should be a serial number on motor as well. but as far as your issue. how do you know awd not working? awd light? noise from tcase? have you checked fuses?