Bravada Talk about the Oldsmobile Bravada within...

Olds Bravada Running HORRIBLE. NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM

Hey, names Vin and I'm new to this site. I've had my Olds for a little over a year now after my uncle gave it to me. He lost interest in the truck after the front shaft's universal went bad. Long story short, I've invested well over $1500 into this truck and now it is running like crap. Recently the fuel pump went and I replaced it. It ran fine right afterwards, but about 2 minutes away from my house it ran out've gas. I put gas in it, drove about a mile, and it started acting up. When I'd accelerate, the vehicle would bog down and sort of back fire. I eventually could no longer move and the vehicle would barely putt down the road. So in short, when accelerating (even in park) the vehicle will bog down and shut off. After dying, it becomes hard to start and in order to start it I must turn the key off completely, wait, and then it will start. It runs fine at idle speed but once you give it gas it starts to act up. I am all out of ideas and have replaced most sensors, even the ECU PROM!! If any one has any leads I could follow PLEASE let me know.

Old 05-07-2007, 08:20 AM

Did you reeplace the fuel filter?

When you run a tank dry all the junk gets sucked int to the filter and clogs it up.

It will let your car run but it chocks off the gas when you need more of it.

You should consider replacing the spark plugs as they tend to get fouled up when you run out of gas.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:33 AM

I replaced the fuel filter right after the fuel pump and did plugs, wires, cap, and rotor after it started acting up. Recently I put in a new EGR MAP and O2 but I'm still getting the same problem. I'm up against a wall here because it seems no one knows what to do and I've put well over $2000 into the truck.

Old 05-12-2007, 07:37 AM

I have the same problem with my 2001 Bravada. It runs great until it gets to operating temp then it starts to hesitate when starting out or going up a hill. It gets worse when I pull my trailor. So far I have put in Fuel Pump & Filter, New Plugs, Cap, Rotor, Wires, O2 Sensor, Cleaned the EGR Valve and put a screen under it, and new PVC valve. I have a lawn care business and need my truck daily. If anyone has any other Ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Oh, Yea! I also looked at the exhaust manifold and did not see any cracks that might leak air in and mess with the O2 sensors.