Bravada Talk about the Oldsmobile Bravada within...

Rear Air Bags Stuck all the way Up

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 04:27 PM
Default Rear Air Bags Stuck all the way Up

Greetings. I have a problem which someone here most likely can easily solve. On my 02 Bravada I accidently hit a bankster's concrete divider after going through the drive-thru and robbing them of all their silver and gold bullion (why bother with the cash, as it will soon be worthless). The passenger side rear tire hit the concrete pretty hard and the axle went up/down real fast. After this, the *** end of the Bravada was sticking up in the air, and I later discovered that the air bag sensor arm had broken from its connection to the axle. No worries......I ordered a new one and installed it. However, the *** end is still jacked up in the air and will not release the air, and go back to the normal air pressure.

I even tried using my code reader and erasing any codes, even though there were no codes shown. I tested the compressor by turning on the compressor button in the luggage compartment, and the compressor does run as it should. But, how in the world do you release the air pressure in those bags if the computer will not do it?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 08-29-2021, 12:11 PM

Here is a pic of the rear end stuck all the way up. I installed the new sensor switch, as the old one had broken off. But the air bags still will not go down, even after driving for 15 minutes.
Help...........

Old 09-05-2021, 04:41 PM

2 weeks later, and she is still jacked up in the air, *** up in the back. What is the simpliest way to to let some air out of those rear bags???

Do I need to pull off the inner fender splash guard to access the air compressor, and then try pulling loose the air lines to the bags????

Any help would be appreciated...........

Old 09-23-2021, 06:39 PM

Pretty darn poor response on this site. I have been to many other sites which had superb discussion and feedback going on......what is the matter here?
Cat got your tounge?