Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

77 cutlass defroster problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:09 PM
Default 77 cutlass defroster problem

Hi I have just got a 77 cutlass supreme and I'm trying to fix it up. I'm learning on cars little by little for a hobby but mainly taking it to the shop for fixing but anyways my front window defroster don't work. My vent don't blow out air the only ones that do are the floor vents but not the ones on the dash and window defroster any help to fix it? How much of an estimate am I looking at?

Old 03-19-2011, 02:12 AM

Start with the vacuum ball under the hood. Make sure the hose connected to it is actually connected and not leaking. The ball could be bad as well .The next step if that all checks out will be the valve assembly under the dash that the vent controls are connected to.

Old 03-22-2011, 05:22 PM

Okay I tried researching what dose the vacuum ball look like. Does anyone have photos or diagram of what I'm looking for vacuum ball, or vacuum lines that I'm looking for. I have a chassis service manual on my car hopefully coming in the mail soon to help me.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:43 PM

It should be mounted on the passenger inner fender. It looks like a black plastic ball with 2 vacuum line coming out of it.