Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

95 Cutlass Supreme Cassette Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 04:29 PM
Question 95 Cutlass Supreme Cassette Radio

Howdy again,

As yous know I picked up a 95 Cutlass a week ago and I notice on the radio is an Aux button. I'm wondering if there's standard RCA inputs on the back. It's 50/50 sometimes it's just a dummy button for an upsell and sometimes there are actually inputs on the back. If so I'd love to wire an RCA to mini plug to run MP3 players though the system. I'm lazy and don't want to pull it out for nothing though.

It's the original OEM Cassette Deck. NO CD player. I have the manual for the car but it mentions nothing about it. As a matter of fact the pictured radio doesn't look like what's actually in the car (the button labels are different) but it's a Delco headend so I'm assuming it's original.

I just bought one of those cassette adaptors for the MP3 player but I'm sure an RCA input would sound much cleaner.

As an aside I'm really impressed with the sound system in this car it sounds awesome especially for such an old car, no bad speakers or anything. Then again GM's have always had nice stereos off the lot.

Thanks again,
Dan