Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 11:42 AM

I have a '93 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Yesterday when I started it up, it was idling fast and the RPM's were on 2. Then when I put it in gear, it seems to run ok, although it jerks when put into gear. Anyone have any ideas on what it could be?

Thanks!!![img]smileys/smiley1.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2005, 06:39 AM

sound like a simple ajustment to me. have somebody get in the car and with the key OFF.tell them to give it some gas.watch the motor. when they push you'll see movement.watch it and when they let off the pedal.the piece will stop. there will be a screw where the piece stops.get a screwdriver and losen it about a half turn.start the motor. see if it still runs fast. if so .with the car runing. screw the screw in or out till it runs at a normal speed.that it.well i hope this make sence. Good luck. and keep away from that cooling fan. Edited by: stevesolds455da

Old 05-13-2005, 11:07 AM

Thanks for the imput. Someone else had told us to check the vacuum lines also andthe throttle position sensor (?). It was just kind of weird because it's been running fine. Thanks again for your suggestion.

~D~

Old 03-11-2006, 04:31 PM

Hey, Check for carbon build up in the throttle body and make sure the flaps are not sticking. When the car is running, then the intake heats up and yes it will run better but just get some throttle body cleaner and give it a good clean. No need to take it off, just spray the flaps and give it a wipe. Good luck.