Cutlass Talk about all models of the Oldsmobile Cutlass within...

please read and answer about a old cutlas

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 06:52 PM

so i have a 1970 cutlass supreme....4-door. now i have been told that the supreme was not avaible in the 4-door model, but i have ran the numbers and it is a true supreme, though the dash, from what i cna tell is lacking a few things. i am the 3rd owner of the car and it has always been in teh family. the car was in perfect condition other then a lil rust and weathering when i bought the car. being as it was my first car and i grew up in rule kansas, it did not stay that way. i hate snow, always have and always will. to give you an idea, teh rear drive side door is pushed in against the seat. now all attempts i have made, not many due to lack of money, to find parts have resulted in nothing. and now, with a heavy heart, i have decided due to again lack of money that i must sell the car...if it is worth anything. part of me hopes i can get atleast 500 for it while the other part hopes it is worthless and i can keep it. i love this car, it was my greatgrand mothers car adn i grew up in it. so my question, is there any demand for this car jsut generally speaking, if their is, it will be sold in a ebay auction later this month. thank you for your insight and please be honest.

Old 01-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Super Moderator

Any unusual options like console or electric windws? 4-doors, as a rule,are not sought after. I really appreciate the fact that it has a lot of sentimental value, but that gets no dollars on the other end. I'm thinking $500 for the whole carmight be the top end from your desription.

The car might be worth more parted out and e-bayed than whole.Is parting it out and selling it on ebay an option? Take a look at the crazy prices for parts on ebay and think about it.

C.J.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:14 PM

well that was what i was going to set the reserv as, parting out really wouldn;t work, cuz i have no place to store that parts, plus, i know this sounds dumb, but i am not sure i could bring to self to acctually do it, i was goign to set a reserve of 500 and a buy now of 1000, i know that high, but, it's all i would let it go for. their are no electrics at all, no tac, not even a clock, am radi and a singel dash speaker, as i said, i have alwasy felt it lacked a few of the "supreme" options, but thats jsut me. pretty much all that is good on it is the majority of the interior and the passenger side from the front dooe back, the front fender is salvageable. if you think i could 500 for it, then i guess i will post it on ebay thanks for your input