Eighty-Eight Talk about the Oldsmobile Eighty-Eight within...

delta 88 royale brougham

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Default delta 88 royale brougham

Hi everybody,

My name is Jan and I am living in the Netherlands and just bought an Delta 88 from the US.
I have a question which I can't find the answer in the repair manual.

Does anybody know how much watt the small bulb in the rear back cornering lights are. I think 12 volt 5 watt ? Is this correct or should it be 3 watt ? The old one doesn't say anythink at all on it.

We don't have any Oldsmobile dealer here in Europe.

Thank you very much.

You could also mail me at jet.janus@ziggo.nl

Old 02-06-2010, 02:34 AM

What year is the car? You should be able to read a number on the metal part of the bulb just below the glass. It will be small and if your eyes are not that good just get a magnifying glass to rear it and you'll find out what you need.

Old 02-06-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by svnt442
What year is the car? You should be able to read a number on the metal part of the bulb just below the glass. It will be small and if your eyes are not that good just get a magnifying glass to rear it and you'll find out what you need.
Thank you, it's a 1985. but there is no metal part at this small bulb and it does not has a inscription or anything were says how much watt.

Jan

Old 02-06-2010, 01:29 PM

If it's a tiny bulb in the side marker it's a 194. For some reason I was thinking it was the tail light and that would be an 1157. I hope this helps.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:00 AM

Hi friend,

If it's a tiny bulb in the side marker it's a 194. For some reason I was thinking it was the tail light and that would be an 1157. I hope this helps.

Hi friend,

Thank you for your time and trouble. It is the sidemarker red at the taillight. I didn't know the right word for it. Its is definitely the left one (194), but in europe we don't have the numbers. We only have the bulb with the amount of watt on it. Can you tell me please if it's a 3 or 5 watt bulb.

Thank you so much.

Jan.

Old 02-07-2010, 05:22 AM

3.78 watt (.27 AMP) 14 volt T3.25 Wedge Base #194 Miniature Incandescent Sylvania Light Bulb
Sylvania 194 34761

Light Output: 25 lumens

Refers to the literal measure of the light-output of a particular light bulb, measured in the number of lumens.

Energy Used: 3 watts

"Watts" is the term applied to the amount of energy required and used by a particular light bulb. It is an international system unit of power equal to one joule per second. Contrary to popular belief, the wattage of a bulb does not directly measure the brightness; the "lumens" of a light is what defines the actual light output.

Average Lifetime: 2,500 hours

This refers to an average lifetime rating based on large quantities in test groups. This testing takes into account usage of 3 hours per start for fluorescent lamps and 10 hours per start for HID lamps.

Volts: 14

Voltage is a measure of electrical potential.

Bulb Type: T3.25

The "Bulb Type" is typically a combination of the style of bulb as well as the width of the bulb. Usually, the first couple letters will indicate the type; "G" would indicate "Globe", "PAR" would indicate "Parabolic Reflector"... The numbers indicate the diameter of the light bulb in eighths of an inch; a "G40" would be a "Globe" style that is "5 inches" in diameter.

Base Type: Wedge

The "Base" of a light bulb is the part that either screws or snaps into a receptacle. Base Type terminology may indicate common descriptive words like "Medium" or "Candelabra", or may even contain numeric codes that signify size and variety, like "E26" or "2GX13".

Length: 1.054 inches

Old 02-08-2010, 04:41 AM

Hi Friend,
3 watt it will be.
Thank you so much for your time eneffort.

Jan

3.78 watt (.27 AMP) 14 volt T3.25 Wedge Base #194 Miniature Incandescent Sylvania Light Bulb
Sylvania 194 34761

Light Output: 25 lumens

Refers to the literal measure of the light-output of a particular light bulb, measured in the number of lumens.

Energy Used: 3 watts

"Watts" is the term applied to the amount of energy required and used by a particular light bulb. It is an international system unit of power equal to one joule per second. Contrary to popular belief, the wattage of a bulb does not directly measure the brightness; the "lumens" of a light is what defines the actual light output.

Average Lifetime: 2,500 hours

This refers to an average lifetime rating based on large quantities in test groups. This testing takes into account usage of 3 hours per start for fluorescent lamps and 10 hours per start for HID lamps.

Volts: 14

Voltage is a measure of electrical potential.

Bulb Type: T3.25

The "Bulb Type" is typically a combination of the style of bulb as well as the width of the bulb. Usually, the first couple letters will indicate the type; "G" would indicate "Globe", "PAR" would indicate "Parabolic Reflector"... The numbers indicate the diameter of the light bulb in eighths of an inch; a "G40" would be a "Globe" style that is "5 inches" in diameter.

Base Type: Wedge

The "Base" of a light bulb is the part that either screws or snaps into a receptacle. Base Type terminology may indicate common descriptive words like "Medium" or "Candelabra", or may even contain numeric codes that signify size and variety, like "E26" or "2GX13".

Length: 1.054 inches