Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here...

supercharged?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:03 PM

i have a low mileage `89 delta with the LN3 3800 (c engine code). i have read several posts about plopping the M62 supercharger on this engine with no internal modifications. my car has very few electronic options on it, so wiring is pretty simple. would this supercharger **** off my current computer if i just dropped it on? or would i need to get ahold of a computer/wiring from a buick ultra? this is all hypothetical but with my experience in exotic engine swaps, this seems to be right up my alley

Old 03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by husty73
i have a low mileage `89 delta with the LN3 3800 (c engine code). i have read several posts about plopping the M62 supercharger on this engine with no internal modifications. my car has very few electronic options on it, so wiring is pretty simple. would this supercharger **** off my current computer if i just dropped it on? or would i need to get ahold of a computer/wiring from a buick ultra? this is all hypothetical but with my experience in exotic engine swaps, this seems to be right up my alley
You wouldn't have to worry about upgrading the internals. But without tuning for the supercharger your asking for trouble. Without the tune your gonna be sucking in way to much air and not enough fuel. When the A/F ratio is off by as much as it will be your car will run like ****.
I don't know the PCM from the Buick would work or not. If everything is the same on the two cars with the exception of the supercharger, the PCM would probably work on your car.