General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

83 Toronado window issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2021, 06:58 PM
Default 83 Toronado window issues.

Hello. Last year I purchased an original survivor 1983 Toronado. Everything over the past year has been great, no issues with the car at all. she is in great shape and looks brand new except for headliner.

Last week the drivers power window stopped working. It would not roll up or down. The switches on the drivers door would operate the passenger window fine, but the drivers window would not move. I heard no sound of anything trying to move either.

Fast forward to this week I rolled the passenger window down from the drivers door and it would not roll up. This left me in a bind as I was at work. I removed the controls and check voltage at both passenger and drivers door (luckily I had a Chiltons guide in trunk for wiring diagram) and we had 12 volts to switch and the switch’s (drivers switch and passenger switch) were giving 12v on appropriate wire when pushed in up and down direction. I ended up driving her home with window open.

Today, I get in car and pushed passenger switch and it rolls up fine. Works fine from both drivers and passenger switch. I cannot figure out what is causing this. Any suggestions? Drivers window still does not function.

I appreciate any help, thank you so much.

Old 01-09-2024, 02:40 PM
Default I have the same issue

I am curently looking into mine, hesitant to pull off my door paneling to dive deeper but will when the weather warms up. Will keep posted. My toro has a issue like that with the pasenger side... unfortunately mine quit altogether recently