General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

92 olds Achieva stalling

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 01:32 PM

Have a 92 olds achieva with a 2.3 qual single overhead cam. First off it is not throwing any codes at all. but it stalls in diff type of situations. first on a turn. If you slow down to take a turn say under a bridge to turn around on the access road to the highway it will start to shake and bog down when you hit the gas it will shake worse and not want to speed up. if you relly hit the gas it will slowly speed up and start running right again. if durniong the turn you have to stop for a yield before hitting the gas the car will die. then it will start sometimes but most of the time it will kick on the rpms will shoot up like it started then go right back down to zero. You then have to hit the gas while starting it rev it up a few times with the a/c off and half the time once its at idle when you put it into gear it will die. its second favorite thing to do is in a parking space it won't go into gear with out diying. sometime it runs fine other times it does this it also does the same thing coming to a stop at lights. the idle starts to drop then shoot up and down slightly then dies, this happens most of the time with the air on but can happen with out it. I have replaced plugs, fuel & air filter, map tps sensors. Made sure it had plenty of gas in it still the same thing and it seems like the longer it runs the worse it gets. i have looked for a vac leak but don't really see anything. But sometime the rmps are normal and the car runs fine so I have a hard time thinking it a vac leak if the problem is not constant. Let me know what you think I just want to get this fixed so the car can be driven with out worry. just got this thing a month ago and it ran fine untill this started happening. Any help would be great!!