General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

95 olds cutlass supreme

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 11:44 PM

My 95 olds cutlass with 3.1 engineruns hot. As it has 120K I decided to take the radiator out and clean both the outside and inside. It now runs cooler but the fans are not always coming on. Can anyone tell me what to look for to solve this problem. After a short trip on the freeway the temp gauge went near the red zone and the fans where not on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, CW Edited by: chainechat

Old 04-12-2006, 12:33 AM

checked all fuses and they are ok, switched relays, fans continue to stay off even with the temperature going up past the third spot on the temp. gauge toward the red zone however when I turn on the a/c both fans come on and bring the temperature to a low middle spot on the temp. gauge. So with this additional info can anyone helpme? Thanks, CW.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:01 AM

Guess I won't be using this forum for answers. I have a 280zx that I go to zcar.com and get more information per hour than this site per month. Check out 70 - 83 Tech on that site. Edited by: chainechat

Old 05-15-2006, 04:01 PM

. Edited by: chainechat