Body control module - Oldsmobile Forum - Oldsmobile Enthusiasts Forums

General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 PM

Default Body control module

I have two Auroras, a '95 and a '97. I love them, but they are driving me nuts. I have replaced the body control computer twice in the '97, and it needs a new one. Now the '95 is in trouble. First, the lights begin to flash, whether the car is running or not. Then other things start to die. On the '97, the first time, it was the tail lights and most of the dash. It was loads of fun getting caught out after dark with no speedometer, tail lights, or--any time!--air conditioning. Thus far, the '95 is just flashing its headlights, and the radio is dead. I've had to disconnect the battery at night, so the data panel is useless as well.

So: Is this a known problem with Auroras? (I'm guessing yes!) Is there a wire that characteristically gets abraded, shorts out, and messes up the rest of the system? Something else? What's going on, and how do I fix it so I don't have to replace body control modules and light controllers every few months?

The local dealer hasn't been very effective, so it's up to us.

Thanks.

PBreen