General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Bose "upgrade" in 2002 Aurora

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:19 PM

Hello All!

I recently purchased a 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora with the standard sound system. I'd like to upgrade this to the optional Bose system. Has anyone done this before, and has some suggestions on completing this project? I believe that the Bose system has 8 speakers, while the standard system has 6...I don't even know where the extra two speakers go!

Does anyone have any advice for later model Aurora owners that want this Bose upgrade?

Thanks for your help,

Rocinante

Old 07-30-2007, 01:39 AM

I also have the standard sound in a 2002 Aurora and looked into the same thing. The sound is not too good now, kind of too much base. I gave up because it is more than speakers, the radio is different also. To make matters worst, I was told that you must have 2002 replacement. The 2002 system was different from all the other years. I saw some radios sell on ebay for aurora, but not for 2002. It is my wife's car, and she doesn't mind the sound so I quit looking. If it was my car, I would look into an aftermarket system. It would probably be cheaper that way too. Good luck.

Old 08-09-2007, 04:16 AM

Rockford Fosgate made the 3Sixty processor for you. This magic box can
tap into virtually any factory system, giving you extensive
equalization capabilities and allowing you to add amplifiers and
subwoofers. In addition, many factory systems use a preset EQ curve
that makes the factory speakers sound good, but creates a horrible
sonic mess when you try to add an amplifier and/or new speakers.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rocinante
Hello All!

I recently purchased a 2002 Oldsmobile Aurora with the standard sound system. I'd like to upgrade this to the optional Bose system. Has anyone done this before, and has some suggestions on completing this project? I believe that the Bose system has 8 speakers, while the standard system has 6...I don't even know where the extra two speakers go!

Does anyone have any advice for later model Aurora owners that want this Bose upgrade?

Thanks for your help,

Rocinante

The speakers would go in the back doors. (2) 6.5inch in the front doors, (2) tweeters in the front doors, (2) 6.5inch in the back and (2) 6.5inchspeaker in the rear doors. I tried to upgrade my stereo to an aftermarket and could not find a harness for it at a reasonable price. Although I hope this works for you.