General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Cant figure this out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 04:10 PM
Default Cant figure this out!!!

Hi folks this is the very first time I have gone on the forum thing so I will try not to mess it up!!! here is my problem....My mother has a 1999 olds eighty eight and for some reason the passenger side front turn signal will not blink...I tried to replace the bulb but it started to blink real slow and now it isnt blinking either.....the drivers side one blinks fine and I have always thoguht that the blinker thing worked both blinkers so I cant figure out what is making this happen?????if someone has anny idea why this is happening I would really appreciate it...Thanks alot Kevin

Old 07-16-2011, 05:05 PM

The blinking is controlled by a timer type relay, I believe there would be one for each side. If you can locate the relays, you can swap the two to see if the problem moves with it. If not check the blinker stalk switch itself.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:31 PM

Hi Kevin, I would make sure your socket has a good ground, sometimes sockets get their ground from strucure that they are press into and corrosion can build up and inhibit the ground for the bulb. You could just use a jumper wire and make sure to supply a good ground for test.