General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here...

Dirty injectors????

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 12:32 AM

My car start better when it's cold that hot. After it is up to running temp and shut off for about 30 minutes, it is hard starting. It starts and shuts down. If you give it some gas, it will start but acts like it is flooded. If you do not give it gas and try to start it, it starts and quits. If you keep doing this evenually it will start, but the idle is very rough. If you give it gas after it starts, it will clear it's rough idle and run smooth. I have a scan tool and all sensor show good. I did replace the TPS but no help. I have run three can of injector cleaner thru in the last 8 tanks of gas. But I am still thinking it acts as the injectors are sticking open but the fuel pressure doesn't drop off after the key is turn off. Any ideas would be appreicated. Thanks for help.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:58 PM

Leaking injector

Old 09-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Fuel injector cleaner is a band aid, if it works at all.

I'dshotgun in afuel filter first. Cures an awful lot of problems. Check the fuel pressure at the manifold during the "chugging". If the pump is doing it's job, get some new injectors. Not too expensive or hard to change.

C.J.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

I HAVE FOUND OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS THAT FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER IS A PREVENTATIVE NOT A FIX . I HAVE USED IT IN THE LAST 10 CARS I HAVE OWNED AT LEAST EVERY 8 MONTHS AND NEVER HAVE I BOUGHT AN INJECTOR OR EXPERIENCE ROUGH IDLE OR STALLING .

Old 10-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ilikecars
I HAVE FOUND OVER THE LAST 10 YEARS THAT FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER IS A PREVENTATIVE NOT A FIX . I HAVE USED IT IN THE LAST 10 CARS I HAVE OWNED AT LEAST EVERY 8 MONTHS AND NEVER HAVE I BOUGHT AN INJECTOR OR EXPERIENCE ROUGH IDLE OR STALLING .
AMEN, my brotha!

C.J.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

W O W PRAISE FROM RED , THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR HUMANITY. [img]smileys/smiley17.gif[/img]