Hurst/Olds Talk about Hurst/Olds within...

Need help finishing my Hurst

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2023, 05:39 PM
Exclamation Need help finishing my Hurst

I know you have probably never heard this, but I have a car that has been sitting unfinished for a while and I would like to find a competent Olds guru that can help me complete it. Yes I pay, nothing is free.

1983 Hurst Olds - first car I ever drove when I was 16, got it from my Dad. Sat at my Dad's house for a very long time as he had too many other cars and it was ugly. Had a few things done, but I am not rebuilding cars all the time. Not my specialty. I know enough to hurt myself, built a few motors with Dad when I was younger but my friends are nuts. One friend decided I needed to get this done, he disappeared from all life right after getting the motor off his stand. Had the body totally repainted and the 3 month job took this guy nearly two years (don't get me started). After this, a couple more friends helped me get it where it is these days and it is still not running but close. They talked me into pulling the computer out and reconfiguring the 307 but yea, no idea what needs to be done to finish it. This has sat in the garage for too long and needs to get done.

307 is intact but when the block was cleaned and fluxed, #7 was out so they bored 30 over. New flat top pistons, rings, a more aggressive crank, pulled the carb and put a Holley 600 on an Edelbrock intake. A lot of the replacement seals and such were purchased from Gbodyparts.com and nearly everything is ready via the body. I do need to find a better way to clean up the rims because I love the stock rims and re-chroming them from what I have seen is near stupid.

Like I said above, the computer has been pulled and my friends have left it in a position of "I am not sure" and the car needs to be looked at by someone that knows their crap better than I do. Trying to sell the house I am in now so I would like to get the car done sooner than later.

The car is in the far southwest Chicago area. If you are in said area and would like to make some cash and help me out, let me know. If you recommend someone, feel free to drop me their info as well. I do not think the work itself that is left is crazy. More towards looking, seeing and ordering parts. The knowledge of what goes where....kind of important.

Thanks or reading.